Intensive Candle Making Workshop
In this Intensive Candle Making Workshop, we will cover the following:
- Safety precautions, equipment, workplace and materials needed to make candles
- Learn the different types of waxes, wicks and glass vessels
- Wax types: 100% Pure Soy Wax, Soy/Paraffin Blend, and newly added Coconut/Apricot Wax
- Proper temperatures and scent to wax ratios
- Understand the difference in using fragrance and essential oils
- Learn the myths of essential oils
- Fragrance blending
- R&D Testing
- Abusive Burning
- Client Customizations
- Client Supplied vessels, fragrance oils, etc.
- Hobby vs Business
- The pros & cons of a candle business
- Branding your product
- Product Labels
- Social Media
- Who is your target customer?
- Marketing Strategies
- Retail vs Wholesale
- Line Sheets, Sales Letters and more
- Online Store vs Brick & Mortar
- How to establish retail accounts
- Supplier Resources
- Business start-up strategies by Shannon Anderson of Firmus Consulting (www.firmusconsulting.com) ($400 value)
- Legal Entities
- Business Licenses & Insurance
- Basic Business Finance
- Strategic Marketing
- Website Development
Upon completion of the class, the student will receive a 30-minute consultation for follow-up assistance and a Chandler Certificate of Completion.
Each student will receive a Deluxe Soy Candle Kit to take home with them to get them started in their candle making business: 1-1 lb Aluminum Pouring Pot, 1-4 lb Aluminum Pouring Pot 5 lbs of Para/Soy Blend Wax, 2 lb of GW464 Soy Wax, 2 lb of EcoSoya Pillar Blend Soy Wax, (2) 22 oz Apothecary Jars, (2) 8 oz Status Jars, (3) 4 oz Travel Tins, (3) 6 oz Travel Tins, (10) Clear Tea Light Cups, (3) Aluminum Votive Molds, Wicks for each Container, 8-1 oz Fragrance Oils, 2-1 oz of liquid dye, 5-Metal Wick Bars, Thermometer, 50-Wick Stickers, and supplier coupon codes.
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY. THIS CLASS IS IDEAL FOR THOSE LOOKING TO START THEIR OWN CANDLE BUSINESS.
This class will help get you up and running much faster in taking your candle making from being a hobby into a business within 45 days.
Everything You Need…
Not only will you learn how to make candles the right way, you will also leave away with having your business registered, documents printed, and website related things set up.