Spend two intensive days with candle industry expert Jameel D. Nolan learning everything you need to know in successfully manufacturing candles and operating a business from start-up to selling your first candle. With 20 years in the candle and body care industries and more than 20 years in corporate America, Jameel will also share her expertise in digital marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), executive support, retail, market research, graphics and web design.
You’ll learn how Jameel landed wholesale accounts such as Whole Foods and got her candles in front of celebrities such as K. Michelle, Mariah Carey, Cynthia Bailey, Barbara Corcoran of Shark Tank and Danielle Spencer of the 70’s show “What’s Happening.”
The cost of the 2-Day Candle Making Workshop is $1197. It does not include lodging or travel. The Intensive Candle Making Workshop will take place in the metro Atlanta, GA area.
PAYMENT PLAN OPTIONS AVAILABLE:
In this Intensive Candle Making Workshop, we will cover the following:
Day 1 (Breakfast & Lunch will be provided):
- Safety precautions, equipment, workplace and materials needed to make candles
- Learn the different types of waxes, wicks and glass vessels
- Wax types: 100% Pure Soy Wax, Soy/Paraffin Blend, and newly added Coconut/Apricot Wax
- Proper temperatures and scent to wax ratios
- Understand the difference in using fragrance and essential oils
- Learn the myths of essential oils
- Fragrance blending
- R&D Testing
- Abusive Burning
- Client Customizations
- Client Supplied vessels, fragrance oils, etc.
- Hobby vs Business
- The pros & cons of a candle business
- Branding your product
- Product Labels
- Social Media
- Who is your target customer?
- Marketing Strategies
- Retail vs Wholesale
- Line Sheets, Sales Letters and more
- Online Store vs Brick & Mortar
- How to establish retail accounts
- Supplier Resources
- Business start-up strategies by Shannon Anderson of Firmus Consulting (www.firmusconsulting.com) ($400 value)
- Legal Entities
- Business Licenses & Insurance
- Basic Business Finance
- Strategic Marketing
- Website Development
- Begin the process to make candles
Day 2 (Breakfast & Lunch will be provided):
- Enjoy all day of intensive candle making
- Troubleshoot any issues
- Photos of candle products
Upon completion of the class, the student will receive one private consultation for follow-up assistance ($300 value), free and a Chandler Certificate of Completion.
Each student will receive a Deluxe Soy Candle Kit to take home with them to get them started in their candle making business: 1-1 lb Aluminum Pouring Pot, 1-4 lb Aluminum Pouring Pot 5 lbs of Para/Soy Blend Wax, 5 lb of GW464 Soy Wax, 2 lb of EcoSoya Pillar Blend Soy Wax, and 2 lb Coconut/Apricot Wax, (3) 22 oz Apothecary Jars, (3) 8 oz Status Jars, (6) 4 oz Travel Tins, (6) 6 oz Travel Tins, (10) Clear Tea Light Cups, (5) Aluminum Votive Molds, Wick Guide, Wicks for each Container, 8-1 oz Fragrance Oils, 2-1 oz of liquid dye, 12-Metal Wick Bars, (2) Thermometers, (5) 6-pc Clamshells, 50-Wick Stickers, and supplier coupon codes. ($115 value)
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY. THIS CLASS IS IDEAL FOR THOSE LOOKING TO START THEIR OWN CANDLE BUSINESS.
This class will help get you up and running much faster in taking your candle making from being a hobby into a business within 45 days.
Upon completion of the workshop, you will have (please bring your laptop or tablet):
- Decided on business name
- Registered for your EIN
- Purchase your domain name
- Purchase Hosting Service (optional)